Ministry Description for the Apostolic Council
(a.) Be responsible to the Lord to fulfil the vision, mission, and goals the Lord has given to The GPF Apostolic Missions Network Inc..
(b) Discern and pray about any changes in the basic vision, direction, values, and guiding principles the Lord has called us to follow as a movement.
- Spiritual Oversight
- Lead by example.
- Facilitate training and mentoring leaders.
- Facilitate the appointment and transition of Regional/Specialized Apostolic Councils and directors.
- Provide spiritual protection to directors of Regional /Specialized Apostolic Councils, senior elders of apostolic missions partner and engaged churches, fivefold translocal ministers, and leadership of Board Directed Ministries.
- Provide assistance during times of crisis for Regional/Specialized Apostolic Councils and directors.
- Initiate evaluations (every two or three years) of the Regional/Specialized Apostolic Council members and directors, Apostolic Missions staff and those licensed and ordained.
- Initiate and plan international leadership meetings, conferences, etc.
- Be accountable to the Lord for the Apostolic Company (those licensed, ordained, and in other areas of leadership in the Missions Network).
- Recognize, affirm, encourage and promote fivefold translocal ministries.
- Give leadership to the engagement process with new Regional/Specialized Apostolic Councils and directors in accordance with the guidelines of this
- Administrative Oversight
- Oversee licensing and ordination process, evaluations, etc.
- Establish new levels of apostolic councils in the future as needed (international, national, regional).
- Appoint the Stewardship Team.
- Nominate a slate of individuals from within the Stewardship Team for them to elect as officers of the Stewardship Team each year or as needed.
- Approve yearly budgets, original and modified.
- Encourage and oversee church planting.
- Relationships with the body of Christ
- Initiate and encourage networking with and serving the church at large.
- Keep open communication with the recognized spiritual advisors.