The GPF Apostolic Missions Network Inc. is an international apostolic movement called to advance the kingdom of God in every Nation. This organization was founded by Peter and Olive Badia with the aim of enhancing mission involvement within the network of churches, ministers and ministries in the Body of Christ. The GPF Apostolic Missions Network Inc. was set up as an incorporated body on the 9th February 2009 under section 501 c 3 of the of the United States of America’s Internal Revenue Code for non -profit corporations.
The Apostolic Council
Overall Vision and Focus
The Apostolic Council is responsible for the overall vision, direction and focus of The GPF apostolic Missions Network Inc. as a movement. This includes vision statements, mission statements, basic values and guiding principles for the movement. The Apostolic Council also appoints Regional and Specialized Apostolic Councils as needed and regional directors to lead these councils in various parts of the world. The Apostolic Council is given leadership by an apostolic leader who serves as the Presiding Apostle.
The Apostolic Council members are called by God, qualified (I Tim. 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9) and willing to fulfil this leadership responsibility. Must be current members of The GPF Apostolic Missions Network in good standing. Members are discerned through fasting and prayer and chosen by the Presiding Apostle and the existing Apostolic Council with the general confirmation of the directors of Regional/Specialized Apostolic Councils and the affirmation of recognized spiritual advisors. The Presiding Apostle is responsible to appoint the Apostolic Council. All Apostolic Council members need to be active in the life of their local congregation.
Ministry Oversight for the Apostolic Council
The Apostolic Council members will receive oversight for their ministry from the Presiding Apostle. They will receive primary personal pastoral care for themselves and for their family from the eldership of the partner church to which they are committed.
(a.) Be responsible to the Lord to fulfil the vision, mission, and goals the Lord has
given to The GPF Apostolic Missions Network Inc..
(b) Discern and pray about any changes in the basic vision, direction, values, and
guiding principles the Lord has called us to follow as a movement.
- Spiritual Oversight
- Lead by example.
- Facilitate training and mentoring leaders.
- Facilitate the appointment and transition of Regional/Specialized Apostolic Councils and directors.
- Provide spiritual protection to directors of Regional /Specialized Apostolic Councils, senior elders of apostolic missions partner and engaged churches, fivefold translocal ministers, and leadership of Board Directed Ministries.
- Provide assistance during times of crisis for Regional/Specialized Apostolic Councils and directors.
- Initiate evaluations (every two or three years) of the Regional/Specialized Apostolic Council members and directors, Apostolic Missions staff and those licensed and ordained.
- Initiate and plan international leadership meetings, conferences, etc.
- Be accountable to the Lord for the Apostolic Company (those licensed, ordained, and in other areas of leadership in the Missions Network).
- Recognize, affirm, encourage and promote fivefold translocal ministries.
- Give leadership to the engagement process with new Regional/Specialized Apostolic Councils and directors in accordance with the guidelines of this
- Administrative Oversight
- Oversee licensing and ordination process, evaluations, etc.
- Establish new levels of apostolic councils in the future as needed (international, national, regional).
- Appoint the Stewardship Team.
- Nominate a slate of individuals from within the Stewardship Team for them to elect as officers of the Stewardship Team each year or as needed.
- Approve yearly budgets, original and modified.
- Encourage and oversee church planting.
- Relationships with the body of Christ
- Initiate and encourage networking with and serving the church at large.
- Keep open communication with the recognized spiritual advisors.