The Bible teaches alignment, which is the concept of coming alongside, but not over, others. Alignment is also a Biblical word. It’s used several times in the New Testament. “For the equipping of the saints, for the work of service …” (Eph. 4:12). This word equipping means “alignment or to put a thing in its proper position”. The purpose of the five-fold ministry is to align you or position you for the work of the ministry. Alignment increases your authority to function in Christ’s kingdom. When you align with apostles, you always align with certain spheres.
For example, spheres in the workplace. (7 Mountains of societal influence:- Family; Business; Government; Media, Art & Entertainment; Education; and Religion)
WHY ALIGNMENT WITH APOSTLES?
And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues. 1 Corinthians 12:28
WHAT BENEFITS COME FROM APOSTOLIC ALIGNMENT?
- Relationship abounds with those with whom we are aligned.
- Authority goes off the charts: “Two are better than one, because there is a good reward for their labor together. For if they fall, then one will help up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has no one to help him up. Also if two lie down together, then they will keep warm; but how can one keep warm by himself? And if someone might overpower another by himself, two together can withstand him. A threefold cord is not quickly broken” (Eccl. 4:9-12, MEV).
- Accountability sharpens our lives and keeps us out of error. Accountability is a Biblical concept and much needed in the church today. Accountability produces sons and daughters. Lack of accountability produces Ishmaels in your life. Ishmael was the illegitimate son of Abraham. He was a son of the flesh not a son of promise. This son of the flesh came about because Abraham and Sarah refused to be accountable to God. (see Gal. 4:22-31). Accountability is voluntary. Acting with accountability, or the lack of, reveals the issues of our heart.
- Godly counsel from those we submit to can keep us moving forward in the Lord.
This includes but not limited to :- direction, instruction, affirmation, godly counsel, friendship and correction. Where no counsel is, the people fall; but in the multitude of counselors there is safety. “Where there is no counsel, the people fall; but in the multitude of counselors there is safety” (Prov. 11:14, MEV).
The GPF Apostolic Missions Network Inc. as an apostolic alignment of today is committed to Advance the Kingdom of God in every nation by establishing strategic apostolic centres around the world. This is where sons and daughters are equipped and sent out on Kingdom assignment to impact the seven mountains of societal influence in our cities and Nations then link these centres into Apostolic Networks in order to establish alignment for Regional Transformation. For the sake of clarity, we will expand on the three components of this strategy under the following subsections.
- Establishing Apostolic Centres to impact our cities and nations. ( For More Info…
- Linking Apostolic Centres into Apostolic Networks (For More Info…
- Establishing Apostolic Alignment for regional Transformation (For More Info…