As watchmen, we are called to pray for our families, churches and nation. Our watch is not restricted only to the enemy’s activity but we must also watch for the manifestation of God’s plans.
The role of the watchman
In biblical times the watchman was always on the alert for any attempt of an enemy to attack or infiltrate the city.
For (Physical Threats) the watchman on the walls or towers warned the people by blowing the trumpet of impending danger from crop predators and cities from military invasion.
For (Spiritual Threats) the watchman warned the people, as God instructed. If the watchman did not warn the people, he will be held responsible by God for their deaths. -Ezekiel 33:6
Characteristics of a watchman
- The watchman must be able to see.
- They must be knowledgeable.
- They must speak out against injustices.
- They must be vigilant, sober and alert.
- They must follow God’s will and direction.
Praying the Prayer Watches
There are four watches in the day and four in the night
Jesus told His disciples to “watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation.” Mark 14:38
PRAYER WATCHES OF THE NIGHT
First Watch of the Night ( 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM )
A time of reflection.
- Covenant renewal with God.
- To inquire to God about clarity and positioning for your day and your ministry.
- To declare God’s blessings upon your life, children, family, church, city, and the nation.
Second Watch of the Night ( 9:00 PM – 12:00 )
A time to pray for divine favor, protection and provision.
- To operate in authority as strategies keys is given to open and close doors.
- To break down, destroy and demolish all demonic spirits sent on assignment.
The Midnight Watch or Third Watch of the Night (12:00 AM – 3:00 AM )
A time for divine Government to overrule human decrees.
- spiritual breakthrough to achieve the plan and purpose for your life.
- Pray for persons who are sick and for victory over temptation.
- War against plots, plans, and schemes of darkness and deception.
- Pray against worry, doubt, fear.
Fourth Watch ( 3:00 AM – 6:00 A M )
A time for Declaring God’s Word. (Job 22:27-28)
- To release judgment on the wicked, for that kingdom of darkness, is heightening its activities.
- Command your morning to establish order and find favor and blessings.
- To pray for divine protection.
PRAYER WATCHES OF THE DAY
First Watch of the Day ( 6:00 AM – 9:00 AM )
A time for the Holy Spirit to prepare us for service. (2 Corinthians 9:30; Ephesians 4:12)
A time for divine judgments for deliverance and breakthrough.
- To pray for healing in relationships, family, government, and in the economy.
- To prophesy to the four winds to see dry, wasted and ruined places restored.
Second Watch of the Day ( 9:00 A M -12:00 NOON )
A time to pray for supernatural provision to do God’s work. (Exodus 11:3-4)
A time of repentance, forgiveness, and healing of relationships.
- To activate the power of the blood over witchcraft spirits holding you captive.
- To pray for total surrender to God’s will.
- To erase the memory of past offense, hurt, pain.
- To release others of any debt owed.
Third Watch of the Day (1 2 : 0 0 PM – 3 : 0 0 PM )
A time to dwell in the secret place of the most high. (Psalm 91:1)
- To exercise authority as you release the decrees of God hidden in your heart.
- Letting your light shine brighter until the full light of day is attained (Prov. 4:18)
- Pray against and cut-off all satanic arrows and demonic calendars.
- Pray for boldness, courage, and strength to be a fearless warrior.
Fourth Watch of the Day ( 3:00 PM – 6 :0 0 PM )
A time of transformation. The hour of triumphant glory and establishing the kingdom.
- To dismantle idols, strongholds, recurring cycles and old patterns.
- Pray for deliverance from deep wounds, word curses, and abuse.
- Pray for grace, fresh revelation, wisdom, and understanding.