MISSIONARY TEAM ADOPTION PROGRAM (MTAP)
working together for the truth
The Missionary Team Adoption Program (MTAP) is an exciting initiative operating within the Apostolic Missions Network that enables churches, families, individuals or Sunday school classes to “adopt” a Missionary Team. Just imagine the power you have to touch lives around the globe through the love of Christ! MTAP calls us to partnership – to “work together for the truth” with those we send to faraway lands. John commands us to love these missionaries with a hands-on kind of love, even if we don’t know them personally precisely because we are partners in the gospel!
…Therefore we ought to support people like these, that we may be fellow workers for the truth, 3 John 5-8
Taking the gospel to the nations is not an easy task. As missionaries go out to proclaim the good news, they often become discouraged and consider quitting. Why? They feel as if they are entirely on their own, without the active support of sending brothers and sisters who can uphold, encourage, provide, and pray for them.
This Network’s vision is to see each of our Missionary Teams supported effectively through MTAP by Churches, families, individuals or Sunday school classes who are strategically praying for, communicating with, and regularly sending packages to their adopted Missionary teams.
Bottom line: It is our earnest desire that each of our Missionary Teams will have real and consistent care just as 3 John says they should. Would your group be willing to adopt a missionary Team and provide the care and love they need? If so, here are your next steps:
- Talk it over as a group. Pray about it as a group. Discern your ability and willingness, as a group, to commit the time, energy, resources, and relational investment necessary to love one of our missionary teams well, “in a manner worthy of God” (verse 6).
- Contact The GPF Apostolic Missions Network Inc. with your interest, and a team member will help you to get started.
- Designate a missionary care leader in your community group. This person/couple will connect with both the missionary team and the Apostolic Missions Network Office.
- Get started. There are numerous ways you can care for your Missionary Team :
- Prayer– Get prayer requests from your Missionary Team and pray as a group at least once a month.
- Communication– Have personal conversations with your Missionary Team at least once a month through email, written letters, or Skype.
- Care packages– Commit to send a care package to your missionary once a year.
- Faith Promise Giving ( An Apostolic Plan of Giving)
– Faith promise is a scriptural plan of giving based upon the Apostolic method
( 1corinthians 16:1-2 ; 2Corinthians 8:1-5 , 8:10, 9:7-10).
– Faith promise is a spiritual covenant between an Individual and God. Unlike a
pledge which is based on the ability of the giver. Faith Promise is based on the
ability of God to provide.
– Faith Promise is an agreement that, as God provides, the donor will give a specific amount monthly or weekly to the missionary offering of the local church
-Faith promise is a spiritual experience that requires the exercise of Good
stewardship and faith in God.
- Visit them– Encourage group members to visit your Missionary Team on the field. People could do this individually or you could do this as a group, if possible.
If you want to partner with a Missionary Team, please email The Network to start the adoption process at email@example.com